Craft Attitude pro Anne Grbic printed a floral design on Craft Attitude film and applied it to used bubble wrap, of all things, to create a really interesting textile. She says it feels like a lightly padded satin envelope with a gloss finish -- the whole thing is no more than 1/8-inch thick.
We'd like to know: What should she make with it? Some ideas:
- small clutch bag
- sunglass/glass case
- small table scarf
- cosmetics bag
- an ATC card holder
We want to know what you think, too! Let us know your ideas in the comments below or on our Facebook page. Once we get some votes, Anne will craft it into your suggestion, so be sure to check back to see how it turns out.
Here's how she made it:
- Cut a piece of large bubble wrap to about 10x13
- Print a bright bold floral pattern on 1 full sheet of Craft Attitude
- Spray an aerosol photo-safe adhesive spray directly to the printed side
- Place the Craft Attitude print side on top of the bubble wrap pressing firmly with hands
- Cover the entire project with a thin cotton fabric
- Press entire surface with a hot iron until you feel all the bubbles pop
- When cool, remove the carrier; it's easier to remove if before ironing, you peel away a corner
- After a few hours, finish with a light coat of liquid gloss varnish over the surface. This part is optional. Craft Attitude is matte so I thought the gloss varnish would give it more pop!